Monday, April 19, 2010

Whew! Extraction complete

I know: It's been a while. Forgive me when I use the old saying, "I've been meaning to write...." As we all know, however, intentions amount to nothing more than a great big pile of guilt when not followed by action.

I've had Willie Nelson's "Shotgun Willie" lyric in my head of late: "You can't make a record if you ain't got nothin' to say." (You said it, Willie.) I think I would sing my song like this: "You can't write your food blog when you're living on frozen dumplings, cold cereal and celery sticks and waiting for winter to be over." Next time, I'd better just write anyway.

What got me going today finally was the blinking red caged submarine light accompanied by the honking "man the battle stations" sirens going off in my head as I calculated the time elapsed from my last post: four months minus two days. Yikes! Two more days and my blog will be officially considered defunct. Fortunately, I've moved out of my winter stasis of late and started cooking again, so I have lots to write about. Stay tuned for my ode to the food processor, a laundry list of considerations for hosting an afternoon tea, a baking primer, and much more.

So, thank you for being patient while I got my head out of my butt. The view is way better now.

KP:)

2 comments:

Boni said...

Glad to have you back!

Kristen Peterson said...

Thanks! Glad to be back!